About Media Matters
“Media Matters,” the Association TRENDS™ Communications & Media Blog, provides seriously useful news and expert advice for the communications director in your association.
Joanne Harap is the president of Production Matters, a consulting firm that provides evaluation, management and problem-solving services related to publications production and printing. She specializes in producing cost-efficient and cost-effective association publications. Joanne is an adjunct professor at the George Washington University, teaching production management for the College of Professional Studies Master’s in Publishing program, and manages the “Media Matters” blog on behalf of Association TRENDS™.
“Media Matters” can be viewed online at www.AssociationTRENDS.com/mediamatters. Contributors include experts in media, printing, publications, social media, management, and member communications. Each week they’ll discuss topics to help your organization increase its effectiveness at communicating, including:
- Paper, Print, Postage, Industry outlook
- Digital Delivery
- Social Media
- Global Industry Issues
- Scientific, Technical, Medical Publishing
- Member Issues
- Advocacy Communications/PR Media
- Content Management
- Direct Marketing
- Legal/Financial Updates
- Job Listings
Who should read “Media Matters”?
- Association Communications Directors
- Communications, Marketing, PR support staff
- Anyone looking for information on how to most effectively convey a message
- Association CEOs looking to understand communications trends
Please send any ideas that you would like to see addressed in this blog to firstname.lastname@example.org.