Show navigationHide navigation
- Executive Toolbox
- Job Board
- Special Reports
How do your efforts compare to leading association social media user American Diabetes Association and other peer organizations? Will Twitter become the favorite social media site for associations?
The Association TRENDS Association Social Media Report 2013 is the second report after last year's groundbreaking effort to explore the social media adoption and activity levels of associations. TRENDS identified a representative sample of more than 345 associations across five platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and – new this year – LinkedIn and Pinterest. Findings are broken down by association staff size, sector and member type, offering benchmarks for readers to compare their social media use with competing and peer organizations.
The research found that the top performing association in social media is the American Diabetes Association. The top performers in each of the social media outlets are:
• Facebook – Professional Association of Diving Instructors
• Twitter – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
• YouTube – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
• LinkedIn – Society for Human Resource Management
• Pinterest – American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
The TRENDS Association Social Media Report 2013 is available here.