- Executive Toolbox
- Career Center
- About Us
Healthcare Convention & Exhibitors Association, Atlanta, released its list of the top-50 largest U.S. medical meetings in 2011. The Radiological Society of North America regained the top spot for total reported attendance at 59,097. Greater New York Dental Meeting came in second for total reported attendance at 53,789; however, GNYDM ranks first for the largest medical meeting when ranked by professional attendance.
Average reported professional attendance increased 3.2 percent from 2010, while average reported total attendance increased 2.2 percent.
The medical meetings represented in the HCEA Top 50 include both events that draw globally and nationally. HCEA published two lists this year, one ranked by total attendance and the other ranked by professional attendance. Total attendance is defined as all reported registrants at an event, including exhibitors, spouses and media. Professional attendance is defined as physicians, nurses and other medical professionals who are considered regular event participants.
The top 10 by total attendance:
1. Radiological Society Of North America - 59,097
2. Greater New York Dental Meeting - 53,789
3. FIME Show - 52,723
4. American Society Of Clinical Oncology annual meeting - 31,800
5. Society For Neuroscience - 31,500
6. American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons - 31,456
7. HIMSS: Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society - 31,293
8. Chicago Dental Society - 30,575
9. Massachusetts Dental Society - Yankee Dental Congress - 27,685
10. California Dental Association-Anaheim - 27,410.
The top 10 healthcare meetings by professional attendance:
1. Greater New York Dental Meeting - 45,565
2. FIME Show - 38,249
3. Radiological Society Of North America - 27,305
4. Society For Neuroscience - 27,000
5. American Society Of Clinical Oncology annual meeting - 25,800
6. Massachusetts Dental Society - Yankee Dental Congress - 21,261
7. California Dental Association-Anaheim - 20,127
8. American Society Of Hematology - 19,734
9. American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons - 16,820
10. American Academy Of Ophthalmology - 16,140.