- Executive Toolbox
- Career Center
- About Us
ASAE and the ASAE Foundation announced the slate for its 2013 executive committee and new board members.
ASAE immediate past chairman Karen L. Hackett, FACHE, FASAE, CAE, CEO, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, served as chairman of the leadership committee, which determined the pool of candidates:
- Chairman - Joseph McGuire, CAE, president, Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, Washington
- Chairman-elect and ASAE Foundation chairman - Arlene Pietranton, PhD, FASAE, CAE, executive director, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Rockville, Md.
- Secretary-treasurer - Susan K. Neely, CAE, CEO, American Beverage Association, Washington.
ASAE directors “at large” (three-year term; foundation director as noted):
- Esther Aguilera, CEO, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Washington
- Mark N. Dorsey, MBA, CAE, CEO, American Snowsports Education Association, Lakewood, Colo.
- Elena Gerstmann, PhD, CAE, enterprise planning and development senior director, IEEE, Piscataway, N.J. (ASAE and ASAE Foundation)
- Matthew Shay, CEO, National Retail Federation, Washington (ASAE and ASAE Foundation)
- Richard B. Green, CASE (Industry Partner), association sales and industry relations VP, Marriott International, Bethesda, Md. (ASAE and ASAE Foundation).
The new board will be installed at the ASAE 2012 annual meeting, Aug. 11-14 in Dallas. Terms begin Sept. 1.
Additional nominees may be proposed through a petition process. The petition should contain the signatures of at least 505 voting members (2.5 percent of the ASAE voting membership). Petitions are due no later than July 6 at ASAE headquarters to Hackett's attention. Details: www.asaecenter.org.