Associations that are not evolving your advertising placement opportunities and sales strategies stand to lose more than revenue, you are losing relationships with key players in your industry and denying your members information they need to make smart purchasing decisions. We’ll look at the skills sales professionals need today gleaned from the principals of corporate sponsorship relationship management.
now for Boosting Association Ad Revenue: Why Your Old Sales Model Isn’t Working and How to Fix It
This 90-minute webinar shows you how to boost advertising and sponsorships by combining a new, consultative sales model with new advertising options, vehicles, and trends.
We’ll move from basic to advanced and address some of toughest issues you will face in shaking up doing sales as usual at your association. The presentation will also include trends in marketing kits.
We’ll take a look at how to:
- Move from sales pitching to consultative sales that requires discussion and problem solving, not presenting a limited set of options.
- Think like a fundraiser or sponsor relationship manager, uncovering the key reasons a company advertises with you (it’s not just sales leads!)
- Fully understand your channels and create customized packages that target the members your advertiser wants to reach and stop creating clutter for those who do not care.
- Navigate policy changes that allow you to create advertising space in communications vehicles that were previously off limits.
- Create new advertising-supported resources that bring value to your members and make a profit.
- Trends in marketing kits, including new examples from associations featured in Association TRENDS.
- Use social marketing channels like Twitter as advertising vehicles.
- Manage the movement of an advertiser to a sponsor with a larger financial investment in the association.
Meet Your Trainers
today and you'll hear straight from the experts in generating non-dues income and will gain practical knowledge you can use right away to re-energize your sales program. Plus, the Q&A session at the end gives you the chance to ask questions about your own specific concerns.
Pamela Strother, Principal, Sponsorship Specialists- Pamela’s ground-level experience of building and growing an association corporate partnership and events program is a critical asset she brings to Sponsorship Specialists’ clients. Pamela has developed organizational systems for sponsorship programs and advertising and exhibit sales for numerous associations and nonprofits.
Brent Mundt, Director of Corporate Sponsorship Strategy, Marketing General Inc- Mundt has developed successful sponsorship programs at several well-known national associations, including the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO), the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC), and the Association of Governing Boards of Universities and Colleges (AGB). At MGI he assists new and existing clients who wish to establish or improve their sponsorship programs.
Who Will Benefit
This session offers essential guidance for:
- Corporate partnership and business development staff at associations
- Advertising and sponsorship sales staff at associations
- Publications staff at associations
- Website and social media staff at associations
- CEOs at associations
Don't wait! Register today to find out how to swap out that old sales model for one that has what it takes to turbo-charge new advertising and sponsorship revenue.