PURCHASE WHAT YOU'LL LEARN MEET YOUR TRAINER WHO SHOULD ATTEND
With the potential for audits and penalties skyrocketing around nonprofit compensation, it's your responsibility to learn how to protect your organization and, in the worst case, your tax-exempt status. This expert-led webinar reviews key legal and tax implications surrounding compensation and best practices so that you can develop a comprehensive plan for your association.
In just 90 minutes, this webinar maps out the key legal and tax issues surrounding nonprofit salary and benefits packages. You'll also explore findings from the 2015 Association TRENDS Nonprofit Salary Survey, which was specifically designed to assist senior nonprofit executives set expectations, benchmark salaries, and maintain their budget.
Reserve your space now to increase your leverage and protect your executive compensation while learning how to:
- Negotiate pay packages that are competitive without qualifying as "excessive" in order to avoid intermediate sanctions
- Manage reporting and governance issues around executive compensation
- Defend executive compensation -- even if it's higher than average for the position
- Give your board more leverage against the tactics IRS uses in its probes
- Comply with IRS and state executive compensation guidelines, including reporting and governance issues
- Negotiate terms that are most commonly contained in severance agreements
- Deal with total compensation for executives, including fringe benefits
- Craft a retention plan for executives that will promote retention through one’s desired retention period
You'll also learn the latest detailed trends in nonprofit staff compensation by position and department.
Meet Your Training Team
Eileen Johnson, Esq., Partner, Whiteford, Taylor and Preston - Eileen has over 25 years of experience advising nonprofit organizations and associations on a wide variety of legal issues, including corporate governance applicable to nonprofits, amending bylaws, mergers and consolidations, and best practices. She has been Director of the Association Foundation Group, the Program Chair for the Association of Corporate Counsel, and was listed as part of Washington’s Legal Elite in Washington Smart CEO magazine.
Simon Quint, Principal, Quatt Associates - Simon specializes in the assessment and design of executive and staff compensation plans for advocacy groups, professional societies, media organizations, and other nonprofits. He works extensively with Boards to advise them on executive compensation matters, and partners with senior management and HR of nonprofits to design, implement, and manage effective compensation systems. Simon’s practice also includes incentive compensation, performance management and planning, benchmarking surveys, strategic planning, and organizational design. Simon received an MBA from Georgetown University’s McDonough School and a BS in Psychology from Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut.
Who Should Attend?
This session offers essential guidance for everyone involved with executive compensation, including:
- Executives and board members in tax-exempt organizations
- Nonprofit HR executives and HR consultants
- Compliance and accounting personnel
- Legal counsel