Lucy Ito will be the new CEO of the National Association of State Credit Union Supervisors. Ito will succeed Mary Martha Fortney, who will retire later this year. Ito has been with the California and Nevada Credit Union Leagues (CCUL/NCUL) for the past 10 years, most recently as COO. Earler she was SVP of the World Council of Credit Unions.
Kathryn Lasley Brod is the new CEO of LeadingAge Ohio, a trade group for nonprofit nursing homes and other services to seniors. Steven Wermuth was the interim CEO. Former CEO John Alfano left a year ago. Brod most recently was an independent strategic planning consultant to nonprofits in Chicago. She previously worked for the nationwide affiliate of LeadingAge. She earned an MBA.
Jennifer Jones, MS, CAE, IOM, is the new executive director of AIA San Francisco. She was integrated communications and technology director at the International Association of Lighting Designers. Under her guidance, the IALD received a number of awards for its social networking, global growth and communications strategies, including the inaugural Publisher’s Choice Award of the Association TRENDS 2010 All-Media Contest. She earned an M.S. in public service and nonprofit management, and a B.S. in journalism and sociology.
Suzanne Clark, majority owner and CEO, Potomac Research Group, to EVP, U.S. Chamber of Commerce. She worked at the chamber from 1997 to 2007 as a top aide and eventually COO under CEO Tom Donohue, a past TRENDS Association Executive of the Year. She left the Chamber to become president of the National Journal Group, until she started Potomac Research Group.
Abigail Slater, from attorney adviser to Commissioner Julie Brill, Federal Trade Commission, to legal and regulatory policy VP, Internet Association.
Amir Pasic, from international operations VP, Council for Advancement and Support of Education, to dean, Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy, effective Jan. 20 and subject to approval by the IU board of trustees.
At American Society of Interior Designers:
- Laura Horsley, from communications director, Building Owners and Managers Association International, to communications and marketing VP, effective Sept. 22
- Karol Kaiser, from professional development and resources managing director, to education and engagement VP
- Christopher Wojcik, from membership and marketing director, American Medical Student Association, to membership and industry development VP
- Fernando Arias, from the Clinton Global Initiative, to strategic initiatives director.
At National Association of Manufacturers:
- Chrysovalantis P. Kefalas from speechwriter for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to executive communications VP
- Tonya Muse, from membership director, Girl Scout Council of the Nation’s Capital, to senior director, Council of Manufacturing Associations. She is a past TRENDS Young & Aspiring Association Professional
- Laura Ringdahl, from policy staffer for Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.) to government relations director.
New corporate development VPs at Association of Latino Professionals For America:
- Frank Lopez, a former CEO of the U.S. Hispanic Chamber
- Verna A. Greer, corporate strategic alliances and national programming senior director, National Association of Black Accountants.