As technology becomes more ubiquitous and immersive, its power as a disruptive force grows at an accelerating rate. From the rapid adoption of smart devices to real-time information flows; from digitally-enhanced social interactions to automated algorithms; and from anticipatory computing to the cloud, technology is enabling today's stakeholders to derive more value than ever before from their shared experiences of associating.
To identify and capitalize on the strategic opportunities this landscape creates, key association decision-makers must learn to speak a new language of value creation, and pursue more meaningful conversations with stakeholder networks whose reach extends far beyond traditional association boundaries.
This session will inspire association executives to begin making the transition to a different lexicon, and will challenge their thinking about technology, value creation and the necessity of innovation.
Register now for TRENDS LIVE Communications Technology Update.
Our speakers and expert panel will address the most central questions affecting technology's role in association communications, including:
- What makes understanding the new language of value creation so important to the work of building associations to thrive in the years ahead?
- What unique opportunities does the emerging technology landscape create for associations?
- How can association executives differentiate between short-term technology trends and technology as a deeper transformative force?
- How are association CEOs and other decision-makers evaluating the impact of technology on their organizations, as well as the industries and professions those organizations serve?
- What role should demographic shift play in how associations think about technology?
Jeff De Cagna FRSA FASAE, Chief Strategist and founder of Principled Innovation, is a respected association community thought leader, innovator and contrarian. For more than twenty years, Jeff has been inviting association leaders to think differently about the future, and pursue the generative work of transformation. He regularly challenges orthodoxy as a strategic advisor to associations and non-profit organizations across North America and around the world. Jeff currently serves on the board of the American Tinnitus Association, and at the end of 2013, he retired from the board of RedRover, a national animal welfare organization, after serving as both vice chair and chair. Jeff has also served on the board of his professional association, ASAE. He is the author of the provocative 2012 e-book, Associations Unorthodox: Six Really Radical Shifts Toward the Future. A graduate of the Johns Hopkins and Harvard universities, Jeff has completed executive education at the MIT Sloan School of Management, Harvard Business School and Oxford University.
Who should attend?
- Communications/ Marketing/ Membership Directors
- Technology/ Operations Directors
- CEOs/ Presidents/ Executive Directors
Don’t wait, register today. This session qualifies for 2 CAE credits per attendee.
When: May 1st, 2014 8:30 am – 11:00 am
Where: The University Club, 1135 16th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036
Three Ways to Register
Click here to register online
Call 1-888-265-0600 ext. 0273
Note : This event is open only to CTOs, CIOs, CMOs, CEOs and COOs at associations and nonprofits. Vendors/suppliers are not permitted.