Ensure your organization is covered from potential risks going into 2014 with practical guidance from the experts.
Join us for the latest in the TRENDS LIVE Nonprofit Executive Breakfast Series to review the most current 2014 economic forecasts and risk analysis plans from top industry experts. You'll receive practical guidance on the relevant risk management strategies you'll need and on how to handle external issues that affect your organization and its members.
In addition, we will share the results of our own TRENDS Fall Association Leadership Update, part of the semi-annual PULSE Report, the largest study of association executive plans and sentiment. This study serves as a vital tool for executives and staff in setting expectations across their organizations and makes budget planning as practical as possible. There will also be an interactive discussion with a panel of nonprofit CEOs and CFOs who have used the report to examine their own operations.
What you'll learn:
- Association and nonprofit risk trends that can be incorporated into your organization's planning for 2014
- The top five risks are that are routinely overlooked or misunderstood by nonprofits
- Practical guidance on how to mitigate legal and financial risk
- Current economic forecasts for 2014 and what they mean for your organization
- Results from the latest Association PULSE survey - an extremely useful tool for benchmarking and insight
- Melanie Herman: Melanie Herman is the Executive Director of the Nonprofit Risk Management Center. A prolific author of a more than a dozen comprehensive guides on various risk management topics, Melanie has delivered countless workshops, seminars, and keynote presentations for organizations simply unwilling to leave success to chance. In August of 2013, Melanie was named to The NonProfit Times Power & Influence Top 50, the annual list of "the 50 most influential executives in the sector for the previous 12 months."
- Daniel Meckstroth: Dan Meckstroth is Vice President and Chief Economist and Council Director of the Purchasing and Division Finance Councils at the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI). Meckstroth has devoted more than 20 years of service to MAPI by providing commentary and analysis on a wide variety of economic issues as they relate to the manufacturing sector, and is MAPI's primary spokesperson on business conditions and economic matters. Meckstroth is frequently quoted in the business press and writes extensively on business practices and manufacturing activity.
- Kenneth D. Simonson: Ken Simonson has been the chief economist of the Associated General Contractors of America, the leading trade association for the construction industry, since 2001. His weekly summary of economic news relevant to construction, The Data DIGest, goes to 47,000 subscribers. He is also the 2012-2013 president of the National Association for Business Economics, the professional organization for individuals who use economics in their work. He has 40 years of experience analyzing, advocating and communicating about economic and tax issues. Ken has a BA in economics from the University of Chicago and an MA in economics from Northwestern University.
Who should attend?
- Chief Financial Officers
- Senior management executives in the finance department
- COOs and executive directors
- Board members of a charity or association
If you are a CFO, COO, executive director or a senior management executive in the finance department who is serious about risk analysis and strategic planning, this is a must-attend event.
When: December 6, 2013 8:30 am - 11:00 am
Where: The University Club, 1135 16th St NW Washington, Washington DC
Registration: $49.00 per registrant
What's included: includes breakfast, presentations, panel discussion.
Open only to association executives.