TRENDY Award Submission Checklist
For your entry to be considered, all items below must be completed.
Important Eligibility Note: Items produced by or for national, regional, state and local associations and nonprofits between January 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024. Eligible organization types include associations, professional societies and nonprofits. Suppliers who work on media products for these organizations may also enter on behalf of the association, society or nonprofit. NOTE: Suppliers who enter on behalf of their clients must include complete information for their own organization AND their client organization.
Your submission package should include the following:
1. Cover sheet
– Each entry must be sent with its appropriate cover sheet and it should be attached as the first page. The cover sheet will be made available to you after you have completed your purchase of a TRENDY Awards entry. This cover sheet includes information necessary for your entry(ies) to be considered. Digital samples without a cover sheet will be disqualified. NOTE: If you are submitting multiple entries, ensure that a unique cover sheet is attached to each individual entry.
Following your purchase of an entry, download your cover sheet using the following steps:
1. Log in to the TRENDY Awards site.
2. Select “Cover Sheet” from the main navigation bar.
3. Select the “print” button associated with the cover sheet.
4. A new window will open (check your pop-up blocker if nothing appears). Select the printer destination as “Save as PDF.”
5. Save your cover sheet.
2. Digital Sample
– A digital sample of your entry is required. Samples should be uploaded via the submission link and named using the following information in this specific order: category name, entry ID, & organization (example: BestPodcast_ 12345_AssociationTRENDS). Entries without a digital sample will be disqualified!
3. Statement of Purpose (recommended)
– While not required, it is recommended that you provide a paragraph explaining your entry and why it deserves to win. This should be added as a separate page following the cover sheet on your digital submission.
Things to keep in mind when submitting your entry:
1. Entry Title
– When submitting your entry, please use the formal title of your entry. This is the title that will be used on all awards for winning entries. NOTE: This is not the title of your organization.
2. Entrant Information (please provide complete contact information):
1) Name of contact
2) Name of organization
3) Phone number
4) Email address
5) Organization address
Please make sure that all information corresponds to one individual within your organization. Only the organization’s name and the item entry title will be printed on the award.
3. I partnered with an outside supplier or vendor in the creation of this entry. How do I provide credit to them in my entry?
– If you have partnered with an outside supplier or vendor that you would like to recognize, please provide their information in “credits” during the entry process. Please do not include additional staff directly employed by your organization.
4. What types of entry samples are accepted?
– Print, online, broadcast, electronic and audio/visual entries are accepted for all categories. If your sample requires a username and/or password to access, please remember to include it with your entry. All entries must include a digital sample submitted via the submission link.
Entry Deadlines & Fees
– Late entry Fee (ends January 5, 2024) $140.00 per entry, per category
– Final Deadline: January 5, 2024 by 11:59 PM EDT
How to submit multiple entries:
Entering multiple entries in the same category: Each entry must have its own entry fee and all of the required information. For example, if you want to submit three different editions of a monthly magazine, you must submit three entry fees and three samples with individual cover sheets included.
Entering the same item in multiple categories: Some entries may fit into more than one category. If you wish to submit your piece into multiple categories, you must treat each entry as a unique unit with its own entry fee, physical sample, etc. For example, if your organization’s Educational Program (Category #20) is also part of your Membership Promotion Kit (Category #15) and you would like to enter it twice, you must submit two entry fees and two samples with affixed cover sheets.
How will my entry be judged?
General Judging Guidelines:
- Suitability for the audience
- Design attributes
- Quality of production
- Quality of content with “eye-catching” or unusual material that engages the audience
- Use of up to date information with a contemporary look and feel
- Lack of errors
- Ease of navigation through the publication, media kit, etc.
How will I be notified if I won?
Notification of Winners:
– Those who created the entrant account will be notified by e-mail. Winners will be notified in January 2024 and will be featured online and at the 44th Annual Salute to Association Excellence Luncheon in February 2024. We will announce all the winners and the 2024 Pinnacle Award live at the 44th Annual Salute to Association Excellence.
How do I sumit payment for my entry?
– By credit card: Visa, MasterCard, AMEX & Discover
– By check: Write a single check for the total amount of entries, made payable to “Columbia Books.” Print out your online payment confirmation and attach to the check. Checks must be received by the entry deadline of January 5th, 2024.
Please send checks to:
Attn: TRENDY Awards
1530 Wilson Boulevard Suite 400
Arlington, VA 22209
TERMS OF AGREEMENT
By submitting an entry, you agree to the terms as set in these rules. Also, you claim the authority to grant, and do so grant permission to Association TRENDS, a division of Columbia Books to use the image of the entered publication or product, plus any information submitted on the entry form, in any promotional or other related use pertaining to the TRENDY Awards and Salute to Association Excellence program before, during and after the events.